Loma Mansa Productions is a development and production company dedicated to creating content that inspires and compels social change through telling the forgotten true stories of our world’s history. In addition to that, we are committed to telling impactful stories from diverse and marginalized individuals, ensuring that their voices are at the forefront of the narratives. Founded by Award Winning actor and filmmaker Adetokumboh M’Cormack, the company currently has projects that have screened at the Emerging Filmmakers Showcase at the Cannes Film Festival, PBS, and Amazon Prime Video to name a few.
Loma Mansa Productions Reel
Loma Mansa Productions is a production company dedicated to creating content that inspires and compels social change. Founded in 2018 by Adetokumboh M’Cormack, Loma Mansa Productions’ content combines the power of telling the untold and forgotten true stories of our world’s history while also creating awareness around the most pressing global issues of our time.
Loma Mansa Productions’ founder Adetokumboh M’Cormack noticed a disturbing trend; there was a lack of diversity in film and television. Storylines which did feature actors of color were overwhelmingly negative and stereotypical. Such images damage and isolate viewers and also impact the way certain groups are perceived by the world. It was imperative to change the narrative and start telling stories about marginalized individuals with characters that were positive, nuanced, complex and non-stereotypical. There has been a growing demand from minorities in America and around the world, to see themselves and their experiences portrayed fairly and more accurately in the media. Answering the call for diversity and inclusion, Loma Mansa Productions became committed to telling inspiring stories about people from different races, religion, ability, socioeconomic status and LGBTQ+ status. Loma Mansa is also committed to diversity and inclusion in it’s staff and film crews so that the company better reflects the multifaceted world in which we live. Loma Mansa Productions understands that during a time when so many marginalized individuals feel they don’t have a voice, we can create content that speaks directly to them. Our content can empower the viewer, foster community, change perceptions and inspire and compel social change. After all, it was Bertolt Brecht who famously said, “Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to shape it.”
(1) To motivate audiences to reflect upon their contemporary circumstance and trace the path of political change in the present.
(2) To be an active and vocal voice that empowers, inspires, and sparks interests in the untold world history events.
(3) To spark social change within minority groups and how the world perceives them.
• Two films screened at Cannes’ Emerging Filmmaker Showcase (Irish Goodbye 2019 & The German King 2020)
• The German King (proof-of-concept) was accepted into the first round of judging for the 92nd Academy Awards for Best Live Action Short Film (2019)
• Secured a 60-month distribution deal with Dekkoo (Amazon Prime Video) for our short film, Irish Goodbye.
• The German King Feature length film is currently in active development. The script was a finalist at the 2020 Rhode Island Film Festival Script Competition, We Screenplay Diverse Voices and Austin Film Festival Screenplay Competition.